UPDATED 4/20/20: Hello friends! I am transitioning from a photography studio in my business to provide content and inspiration for the modern mom. However, I am still accepting a limited number of portrait sessions and weddings. If you would like to inquire, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we head into wedding season here in Central Illinois, I could not think of a better time to share what I always recommend for a Bride (or bridesmaids) to pack for the big day. After you have gown freshly steamed and packed, the shoes, veil, and garter all ready to go, there are a few more items you might want to add in your day pack.
I am a huge fan of checklists. I make one at least once a day and don’t even get me started if we are leaving for a trip (I will have a whole notepad pull of lists).
My Top 5 Essentials to Pack
- Queen Sized Sheet. No, you’re not napping. Before your wedding day, lay out the sheet and cut a sizeable hole in the center that is big enough for you to pull the sheet up around your waist. You now have a helping hand to keep your dress off the ground during photos! It can be used to help hold up your dress while walking or let it sit under you while standing. No more having to worry about dirtying your hemline before the ceremony.
- Mini Fan. Wedding season also means heat and humid season. You are going to be outside for pictures. There is also a really good chance that you or your soon-to-be husband will be in rooms that do not have great airflow before the ceremony. Keeping a battery operated mini fan with you will help you keep you looking cool and fresh!
- Phone Charger Pack.Wedding season also means heat and humid season. You are going to be outside for pictures. There is also a really good chance that you or your soon-to-be husband will be in rooms that do not have great airflow before the ceremony. Keeping a battery operated mini fan with you will help you keep you looking cool and fresh!
- Mini Speaker. One of the main regrets I hear my brides say while getting ready is that they wish they had a speaker for music! Your phone can only go so loud and once you have all your ladies in the room and your popping champagne, a little phone speaker is easily drowned out.
- Umbrella.Remember tip #2? This one goes right along with it! Pack an umbrella to not only shield your hair and makeup from any stray rain clouds, but to protect you from the sun. This is especially great for the guys. They are wearing tuxedos that aren’t exactly breathable and most turn up at the ceremony looking a little wilted. A small packable umbrella will do the trick just fine, but pack a golf umbrella for extra space underneath.
There you have it! 5 Wedding Day Essentials for a fun and stress free day.
To see my full list of items I recommend, download your very own printable checklist below!