Another week of 2019 has gone by (how??), but this week is super special!
Why you may ask? Well, this week is my birthday week! Yes, folks, I turned 30 on Wednesday. Can I believe it? Nope. Am I excited? Yep! We celebrated with a trek to Champaign for our first time to Blaze Pizza, a Target visit, and some jump fun at Elevate. So good!
It is honestly crazy to think that I have entered a new decade of my life and that has really had me thinking about the last 10 awesome years and how much I have changed as a person from when I turned 20. Let’s see…
It was 2009 and I was getting ready to move back to Los Angeles, where I knew only a few people, and was absolutely terrified of driving on the freeways (they are so scary!). I had been working on movie and tv shows as a background actor for about a month and feeling pretty overwhelmed with everything. This was really before the glory days of blogging and social media(you guys, this was a year BEFORE Pinterest) so finding real uplifting content beyond going to the bookstore was a little hard. I would have LOVED to have found a blogger like Jenna Kutcher or Jasmine Star, but honestly, I wasn’t that savvy online.
What did my 20 year old self need to hear? Well, you guys get to find out:
- You never actually figure out what you want to be when you “grow up”.
- Stop worrying about what they will think, whoever ‘they’ are.
- If you want to do or try something, just go for it.
- You get better with every failure you go thru.
- Bend the rules.
- Don’t be scared to drive on the freeway. You can do it.
- Dare to be different.
- Don’t do something just because that’s what you’re supposed to do.
- No one laughs at you for following you heart and going after your dreams. If they do, they aren’t worth your time.
- Be kind to yourself and always look for the upside of every situation.
So, for all of you on the brink of ‘milestone’ birthday or just aging one more year, remember that you are awesome no matter where you are at in your journey and I am cheering for you!